We’ve come down to the last question!
This question (from my recent Giveaway) comes from Sarah, of Phoenix, AZ.
I know many of us, especially working moms, or moms with young children are so busy and need snacks that we can take with us. We are usually rushing from one activity to another. The key is to find snacks, such as protein rich ones that will give us lasting energy, as opposed to quickly grabbing something like a candy bar that will just give us a sugar crash.
It’s important to consume protein because it helps build our muscles and tissues. Also, it doesn’t break down into fat like carbs do. Protein helps us feel full and gives us lasting energy. So the key is to find a protein rich snack that does NOT contain loads of sugar.
For example, there are many protein bars out there that may look healthy, but when you look at the label, it may contain up to 20 grams of sugar.
Here are some ideas:
1. Raw almonds
2. Almond butter on an apple
3. Almond butter on a celery stick
4. A hard boiled egg
5. Trail mix (mixed raw nuts, raisins and dried cranberries- with no added sugar)
6. Hummus dip (with carrots)
7. Goji berries (these are dried berries that contain protein)- you can find them at a health food store
8. Hemp seeds (mixed in a green smoothie)
9. Sunflower seeds
10. Greek yogurt (if you can handle dairy)
Or, if you have time, you can make something!