It dawned on me that I didn’t announce here on my Blog, that I have a NEW Website! The other website was provided by my school, and truthfully, it was time for me to have something to call my own.
I am also excited to announce that the site is a partnership with my husband, Charles McGarry, who is a Reiki Practitioner and Certified Holistic Life Coach who supports those who are going through transitions in their life. Check out his Facebook page.
We both still have our OWN business, yet together we call ourselves McGarry Wellness. You can choose to see either one of us, according to your needs, and I even offer a combined package of Body Image Coaching and Three Reiki Sessions for a great deal!
So check out our website at http://www.mcgarrywellness.org and be sure to sign up for our newsletter as well as contact us if you are interested in learning more!
Some of you may be wondering just what exactly is a Body Image Coach and how I stand out as a Coach. I wanted to share a page from my website.
Here is my Philosophy:
1. I believe in body acceptance. Every body is beautiful and we need to actively work to eliminate fat shaming (or even skinny shaming!)
2. I believe that just because someone is labeled as “overweight” does not mean that they are unhealthy and likewise, just because someone is skinny does not mean we can assume they are healthy. Size is not necessarily a factor in health.
3. Dieting does not work. Studies say that around 90% of those who go on diets gain their weight back within 3-5 years.
4. Calories in/calories out is outdated. Calories are not created equal. I practice a mindful eating approach to food. Mindful eating is a lifestyle, not a diet. It’s a way of eating that honors our body’s inner messages and enables us to enjoy our food without guilt.
5. I believe that learning to love our body is a lifetime journey. However, there are tools we can learn to get us into the habit of thinking more positively about ourselves.
6. We are our own best expert. I am a body image coach, but that means that I guide you toward your own inner wisdom. I do not give advice or tell you what to do, other than letting you know what has worked for me in my own journey. Change takes time and it does take trusting in ourselves and being willing to get out of our comfort zone. If you are ready and willing to make that step, I am totally committed to helping you make this life-changing transformation!
(shared from HAES)
The Health At Every Size® Principles are:
- Weight Inclusivity: Accept and respect the inherent diversity of body shapes and sizes and reject the idealizing or pathologizing of specific weights.
- Health Enhancement: Support health policies that improve and equalize access to information and services, and personal practices that improve human well-being, including attention to individual physical, economic, social, spiritual, emotional, and other needs.
- Respectful Care: Acknowledge our biases, and work to end weight discrimination, weight stigma, and weight bias. Provide information and services from an understanding that socio-economic status, race, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other identities impact weight stigma, and support environments that address these inequities.
- Eating for Well-being: Promote flexible, individualized eating based on hunger, satiety, nutritional needs, and pleasure, rather than any externally regulated eating plan focused on weight control.
- Life-Enhancing Movement: Support physical activities that allow people of all sizes, abilities, and interests to engage in enjoyable movement, to the degree that they choose.
(copied with permission)
P.S.– if you struggle with accepting your body, please consider joining Beautiful Freedom: The Body Love Group! It is a 4 week, online group for only $60! Register and learn more here: http://www.mcgarrywellness.org/events
Deadline to register for this price is October 6th!